The Part-time Production Assistant will support Network programming, through the editing of multiple sources of audio for on air content and operating audio board equipment for live programming.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 06, 2023
The Part-time Production Assistant will support Network programming, through the editing of multiple sources of audio for on air content and operating audio board equipment for live programming. Additionally, part-time Production Assistants may receive opportunities to assist the production team with developing live, on air, multi-platform content.
- Edits actualities, play-by-play highlights and audio from ESPN shows across all ESPN platforms.
- Will make decisions regarding the most relevant audio cuts for ESPN Audio and other ESPN platforms.
- Expected to have strong general sports knowledge and of all ESPN Audio and ESPN programming.
- Catalogues all audio edited and distributes the most relevant audio to ESPN Production teams across all platforms.
- Expected to load playlists, log commercials, sales and promotional mentions for live, on-air and multi-platform broadcasts.
- Monitors multi-platform, on-air product for quality control and adherence to industry standards.
- Expected to complete regularly scheduled technical training sessions.
- May be asked to assist ESPN Audio producers by generating story ideas, providing research materials for interviews and producing show elements.
- Will contribute to creative concepts for ESPN Audio and multi-platform content.
- Will assist ESPN Audio imaging team on promos and/or show production.
- Work is subject to scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- A minimum of 1 year in commercial production and a minimum of 1 year working at a network or local radio facility.
- Expected to have working knowledge of audio operator board and knowledge of ESPN Audio programming.
- A minimum of 2 years working at a commercially operated, local or network radio facility
- College degree or Equivalent