Oxnard, CA: To operate the radio station as directed by the KDAR Program Director, following all Salem policies and within FCC Rules & Regulations. To act as on-air talent and assist in production.
Audio / Music / Sound
Jan 31, 2023
- Operates the studio controls, audio equipment and computer automation and production systems; conducts interviews, voice track on air and commercials.
- Maintains an accurate programming log for proof of performance events ran at scheduled times. Logs discrepancies when programming elements are changed and/or do not air. Informs Traffic Manager and Program Director of such as soon as possible.
- Operates the radio station transmitter within FCC parameters. Logs transmitter readings as directed by the Chief Engineer and/or Chief Operator. Immediately informs Chief Engineer and/or Chief Operator and the Program Director when transmitters are off the air.
- Prepares satellite programming feeds for broadcast at later times and/or days.
- Produces and/or voices commercials, working directly with the Production Director/Traffic Coordinator, account executives to ensure work is done accurately and competently, adhering to quality standards of KDAR.
- Performs “basic” studio maintenance, such as cleaning equipment and straightening up the studios. Promptly notifies Program Director of discrepancies.
- Takes direction and implements strategies as determined by the Program Director and station management.
- Able to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Program Director and station management.
POSITION INTERACTS WITH:
- Program Director/Traffic Coordinator
- General Manager
- Account Executives
- Other Board Operators/Announcers
- Minimum 1 year experience working in broadcasting (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with studio equipment and procedures.
- Organizational skills.
- Flexibility and availability to work irregular shifts.
- Communication skills; both speaking and writing.
- Proven accomplishment and achievement skills.
- Commitment to the position and the stations.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction
Pay Range: $15.50/hour part time