Radio One is looking for a Part-Time Board Operator to join our team!
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Columbus, Ohio Area
Sep 27, 2022
The Board Operator performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs originating in the studio, from syndications, or from remote pickup points.
- Airs live and pre-recorded shows
- Completes traffic logs and fixes logging discrepancies
- Airs emergency alert system tests as indicated
- Engineers remote broadcasts and follows station procedures.
- Regulates timing of programs, operates syndicated programming and plays commercials and promotions as scheduled
- Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic, and news reports into automation equipment
- Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned
- Assists with remote appearances
- Takes transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Six months of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays