Cox Media Group – Atlanta has an opening for a full time Board Operator for 95.5 WSB. This position puts you in the middle of a fast-paced news environment.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Atlanta Area
As a full-time board operator, you will be the technical producer for live newscasts, syndicated talk shows, breaking news, and severe weather situations. This position plays a pivotal role in all day-parts, serving as a back-up board operator for all live shows. The position works closely with our entire on-air team, and is a vital part of our operation.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a news junkie, consuming local and national news, weather, and traffic information
- Has control room or production experience in live audio, broadcast radio, or television
- Has previous on-air experience and is capable and confident being on-air
- Is a great multi-tasker
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys being challenged, and is calm in rapidly changing situations at a rapid pace
- Is committed to working well in a team atmosphere
- Preparing and executing live radio broadcasts
- Operation of on-air control board to flawlessly present recorded and live radio talk shows and sports programs as outlined in a format clock, while ensuring all commercial inventory is cleared
- Handling of source and destination routing and operation of local and remote broadcast equipment
- Use our digital on-air systems (Wide Orbit) to run our news and talk programs
- Create and edit audio using digital audio software
- Managing phone calls to talk shows, including screening, operating, and use of dump/delay technology
- Able to book/prepare interviews
- Record, edit and playback audio from all sources
- Monitoring and internal communication of transmitter status of multiple sites
- Execute weekly and monthly required FCC tests and emergency messaging
- Send appropriate and timely listener alerts across multiple platforms, including station app and social media
- This position may involve on-air announcer duties to deliver of key news, weather, and traffic information
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Education: a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of successful experience in control room or other professional live audio production environment
- Highly adaptable and professional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to multi-task in a high-speed environment
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Operational knowledge of live board operation, digital audio production, and social media
- Available to work various weekday and weekend shifts.
- Physical Requirements: This position works in on our main control room. The shifts are generally 4-8 hours in length. Can stand or sit, as they prefer.
Day, Evening, Overnight