InvestigateTV+ en Español is hiring a Bilingual Writer and Producer to write and copy edit a premium Spanish-language newsmagazine show centered on investigative journalism.
InvestigateTV+ en Español is hiring a Bilingual Writer and Producer to write and copy edit a premium Spanish-language newsmagazine show centered on investigative journalism. Writer/Producer will be part of team that converts highly engaging, in-depth, and innovative English language investigations into premium Spanish-language content with the highest level of accuracy in translations.
This Writer and Producer will serve as the final stop for grammar, spelling, punctuation, proper Spanish language word choice, and fact-checking.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong storytelling ability with accuracy and careful word choice.
- Ability to ensure translations are exact and content is fact-checked to safeguard from potential legal liabilities due to the sensitive nature of the content.
- Works with a teamwork mentality to create a high-quality Spanish-language newsmagazine show tailored for a national Hispanic audience.
- Must possess strong editorial judgment and ethics.
- Upload content to digital platforms.
- Experience collaborating between Spanish and English language newsrooms is a plus.
- Experience working with legal editorial team a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in journalism or communications
- At least 8 years of experience in copy editing
- Ability to write/produce compelling programming
- Knowledge of local news and newscast production a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral and digital content management systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Candidate speaks and writes both English and Spanish.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.