DreamWorks Animation Television is seeking a Background Painter with a diverse set of skills to join our team on an unannounced CG comedy series.
The Background Painter paints matte paintings, cycloramas, sky domes and any other background-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show are met. This exciting new opportunity is based in Glendale, California and is covered by the Animation Guild. If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
Responsibilities: “What would you say you do here?”
- Meet with creative supervisor(s) to ensure color needs of show are fulfilled
- Follows through on tasks from supervisor
- Complete all color work within assigned deadlines
- Provide texture swatches as needed for reference for CG design materials.
- Resolve color problems with creative supervisors
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately
- Review storyboard for background key color callouts
- Comfortable working on a Cintiq and must be able to work digitally
- Assist with special projects
- Fulfill other color projects, including but not limited to, color script and/or paintovers, and CG sets
Basic Qualifications: “What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
• Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware (Ex: Photoshop, etc)
• Strong time-management skills
• Work well under pressure
Desired Qualifications: “What can I offer?”
• Relevant digital color experience in TV production environment necessary
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience highly desired
• Ability to multitask a plus