PBS Utah is seeking a dynamic Audio Manager/Production Scheduler to join our team of curious and compassionate storytellers and journalists. The Audio Manager/Production Scheduler is a leadership and management position that provides audio engineering operations in all areas of audio production as well as the day-to-day management of the Production Schedule.
Our ideal candidate is an inclusive leader with the ability to build trust on their team and in the community we serve. This candidate should have a commitment to our core values and have the ability to be mindful of the diverse voices and lived experiences in our community that broaden perceptions and find common ground.
- Responsible for the management and operations of audio in field productions, studio productions, audio post rooms, remote productions, and operates audio equipment in each area when necessary
- Supervises, manages, mentors, and evaluates the audio engineering team
- Oversees the audio budgets and maintains and coordinates audio equipment and facilities
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day Production Department Schedule for crew, equipment and facilities, averaging 10 hours a week. The Production Schedule involves scheduling the requested personnel, equipment, and facilities, notifying crews, resolving competing requests, and hiring freelance when necessary
Eight years professional experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in field and studio audio; experience and knowledge of audio maintenance and repair; experience and knowledge in all facets of audio operations, equipment, and techniques.
Two years supervisory experience preferred.
Applicant should have excellent organizational and time management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to problem-solve and remain calm under pressure; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders with diplomacy, trust, and integrity; and demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to write and speak in a second language preferred.
- Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
- Min Experience: 7-10 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25%
- Salary: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00 (Yearly Salary)