Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Audio Engineer will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the production audio system, and all in-house mixing, mastering, and recording.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Feb 03, 2023
This position will coordinate with MSG Studios for the implementation of new shows audio files and file uploads and facilitate audio discussions with outside productions. This may include pre-production meetings with the MSG Studios & guest productions, organizing how best to accomplish the planned events throughout the performance.
What will you do?
- Troubleshoot event day issues and be highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Interact with visiting production crews to ensure a successful show and ensure Special Events audio needs are met.
- Accommodate artist and/or event A/V requirements and assist Director of Audio with technical advance with Artist’s representatives.
- Implement all audio changes at the direction of the Director of Audio and/or Event Director while ensuring successful operation of systems pertaining to audio throughout the entire event, including proper board operation & programming.
- Oversee transition from day of event activities to the load out of all equipment for assigned events.
- Understand the work rules for Union & Non-Union labor teams associated with the daily operation of audio department and communicate with production manager
- Pre-Opening collaboration with MSG Studios, Ventures, and Venue Operations departments to assist in developing standard operating procedures for all venue audio systems.
- Ensure proper care, handling, maintenance and inventory of all rental audio equipment.
What do you need to succeed?
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 7+ years working experience in audio design, audio tech and engineering for film, television, live events, and/or themed entrainment.
- Technical knowledge surrounding production audio specific items involving but not limited to Ravenna, Dante, AES67, digital audio consoles, Meyer Sound - D-Mitri –playback systems.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
- Experience supervising and working with Union & Non-Union Crews
- Skills that emphasize problem solving, time management, and strong interpersonal abilities which contribute to the ability to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- The ability to efficiently work in a team environment, but use sound business judgement and work independently when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills emphasizing attention to detail
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationships with a diverse group.
- Demonstrate integrity, tact, diplomacy, and a commitment to company values and principles.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Extensive standing, walking, keyboard usage and general administrative duties
- This is a 100% onsite role.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights, and holidays.