The Audio Engineer works directly with the partners of WarnerMedia Studios to determine the technical and artistic audio needs of studio productions.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 10, 2022
The person in this role also handles audio mixing with live or live to tape television utilizing their experience with large format audio consoles as well as their knowledge and experience with analog, digital and IP based audio networking systems. The Audio Engineer is also expected to identify problems, troubleshoot audio equipment and work on the set up, execution and strike of Audio Control Rooms and studio equipment.
- Set up and operate large format audio consoles and all associated technical equipment in a control room environment (occasionally remotes) during show build, pre-production, and live or live-to-tape events. Audio Engineer will ensure that microphones, music, natural sound, etc are at the correct levels during broadcast.
- Collaborates with the Director and Producer to execute the technical and artistic vision for each production.
- Works with WarnerMedia Studios Engineering Department to troubleshoot equipment issues. Will also perform light control room maintenance to keep all equipment in peak operating condition.
- Mentors and trains new Audio Engineers (Staff/Freelance)
- 8 – 10 years of experience as an Audio Engineer in major market television
- Knowledgeable of current industry standards
- Must be able to technically operate various models of audio consoles, digital audio devices and other associated ancillary equipment
- Must have a strong understanding of audio signal flow and basic studio wiring
- Must have a strong understanding of intercom operation and software
- Must have a strong understanding of radio frequency setup and troubleshooting
- Must have strong leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Takes ownership and accountability for assigned projects
- Able to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
The Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Lawo and Calrec audio consoles along with AZ Edit software
- Experience mixing Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and routing audio signals