A CNN Audio Designer is an essential member of the production team. You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 02, 2023
A CNN Audio Designer is an essential member of the production team. You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events. The primary production is within a studio environment but remote production is possible.
- The set-up, operation and skillful mixing for a variety of live and pre-produced productions
- Quality assurance for all audio sources and related components
- Creative influence to enhance the production value with selection of music and/or other effects
- Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders
- Advanced preparation including reviewing rundowns, equipment selection, mics and overall audio plan
- Documentation and overall management of audio board show files and related elements
Qualifications & Experience...
- You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time.
- Knowledge of digital audio consoles, playback devices and intercom systems is needed.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team.
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
Minimum experience requirements include:
- 1 to 3 years Industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre/post production
- Candidate should have awareness of a variety of audio boards with control room or field production/event experience
- Proficient with audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. Enco, AZ Edit, Evertz routers)
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field