The Atlanta United Team Photographer will play a pivotal role in creating unique and engaging photo content that elicits an emotional connection with our supporters.
Responsibilities will include capturing, producing, and posting game, practice, portrait and lifestyle imagery as well as covering team, community and sponsor events.
The photographer will be assigned to cover various photographic categories on behalf of the team and will work collaboratively with the photo manager and clients to develop photo standards and shot-lists for upcoming shoots. Additionally, the photographer will attend and participate in preproduction meetings where creative direction and planning originates to understand the purpose, concept, and requirements of photo shoots in support of the teams, marketing, communications, digital and social strategies.
This position will help evolve team’s ability to create relevant content and stronger stories through unique and powerful imagery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary photographer for the Atlanta United, on and off the pitch.
- Cover all Atlanta United Home and Away Games
- Document season on and off the pitch. Including Travel, Training Camp, Signings and more to tell the Atlanta United story through photography.
- Coordinate and photograph all studio, lifestyle, retail and media day shoots.
- Produce shot lists for game days and scheduling of freelancers
- Able to edit and provide efficient delivery of images in real-time to digital and social team.
- Maintain photo archiving database with proper metadata and tagging.
- Keep current on digital, creative and photographic trends and technology.
- Work closely with creative, video, social, and digital team to ensure that photos are best-in-class and produce high-performing content.
- Follow brand guideline specifications and ensure consistency on quality during production.
- Will help create Web Galleries with Digital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to build relationships with professional athletes and coaches
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in visual arts, production, or equivalent education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in photographing high-speed action in indoor and outdoor events, with advanced knowledge in a studio environment
- Experience in creating image-based storytelling content
- Team experience preferred
- Must present a diverse portfolio that features, sports photography, understanding of studio lighting and advanced retouching and photo editing skills.
- Adept at photographing all categories assigned.
- Extremely proficient with Photoshop, Lightroom, Photo Mechanic and other photo editing software.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organization skills required.
- Knowledgeable with Nikon/Sony/Profoto photography equipment.
- Expertise with multiple lighting disciplines, such as studio flash, location and remote lighting techniques.
- Unique creative eye for shooting game and event photography, as well as capturing emotion within other aspects of game prep.
- Ability to not only shoot, but also think through the lens of a creative storyteller while shooting.
- Desire to create new and interesting digital photo content that generates an emotional connection with fans.
- Organization techniques to ensure that all of our images are archived properly.