CNBC is looking for a social video associate producer to join its growing audience development team. We’re seeking a self-motivated video editor who has a passion for storytelling on social media.
Jun 05, 2023
CNBC is looking for a social video associate producer to join its growing audience development team. We’re seeking a self-motivated video editor who has a passion for storytelling on social media. This person has an interest in business news and understands how to tell a compelling and informative story in a 9:16 format. The associate video producer will create content aimed at increasing video views and engagement across social platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube Shorts. The ideal candidate is a fast editor and should love to experiment.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Edit a wide variety of video content focusing on vertical clips for social media accounts
- Work with the Social Media Editor on day-to-day assignments
- Collaborate with production, editorial and motion graphics teams in the creation of video content
- Maintain brand voice and presence
- Keep tabs on current digital video and social trends around the industry and apply them in the work that you do
- Maintain proficiency with emerging edit software and workflows
What we’ll offer:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials, plus soup and salad bars
- Extras -- Dry cleaning
- Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City. We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing.
- One year of professional experience editing videos
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere and Photoshop, in particular
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and showcase the CNBC brand
- Ability to perform and multi-task under pressure
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to capture well-composed videos and clean audio on a phone
- Experience hosting social videos
- Experience working on social platforms for a media outlet or brand
- Basic After Effects skills are a plus
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.