The Associate Editor position offers selected candidates the opportunity to grow as editors through development of skilled editing techniques, relationship building with network partners, mentoring junior staff, and supporting senior editors.
The Associate Editor needs to have previous experience with the fundamentals of video editing, including preparing media for edit sessions, pulling selects, creating clip reels, and preparing projects for delivery and archive. The core focus of this job is to strengthen creative and technical skills, including asset and project management, while gaining essential experience to further develop understanding of network branding and workflows.
This particular role will be in support of the 10th Street Productions team, and is designed for craftspeople who have a keen eye and a passion for storytelling, content creation, post-production, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry. 10th Street Productions is a full-service in-house production company that is dedicated to creating content for not only all of the brands under the Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio, but also functions as a creative resource for divisions of the company that do not have their own in-house creative teams.
As a 10th Street Associate Editor, you will:
- Prepare projects for sessions (i.e., gather, organize, and import media)
- Help cut content for 10th Street, including promotional content and external/internal communications across the Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio (Adult Swim, CNN, Cartoon Network, Discovery, Food Network, HBO Max, HGTV, ID, TCM, tbs, TLC, TNT, Turner Sports, Warner Bros., and many others)
- Pull selects and create clip reels based on requests from the edit staff and partners
- Version spots with various graphics and audio mixes
- Prepare projects for audio, finishing, delivery, and archive
- QC and deliver media to specific drop locations for broadcast and digital
- Demo reel submitted with resume that showcases your editing skills
- Thorough understanding of the post-production process and session organization/management
- Previous experience with editing, preferably in a commercial or broadcast environment
- Experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge and great appreciation of the Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio
- Excellent customer service skills, including strong written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- Collaborative nature and openness to new ideas and workflows
- Motivation and readiness to take on new challenges, bring creative ideas to the table, and recognize opportunities to contribute to the team
- Willingness to reach out to others to learn and to incorporate feedback from producers, peers, and managers
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing deadlines and requests
- Flexibility in scheduling/availability
This position is based in Atlanta, GA