QVC has an On Call opening for a qualified Associate Scenic Stylist at our Studio in West Chester, PA. The On Call Associate Scenic Stylist assists with scenic element changes, including furniture, props and posters according to the scenic styling plan.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Aug 09, 2023
QVC has an On Call opening for a qualified Associate Scenic Stylist at our Studio in West Chester, PA.
Reporting to our scenic Lead, the On Call Associate Scenic Stylist performs a variety of tasks associated with the planning, pre-production and execution of scenic requirements in support of QVC’s live television broadcast. The On Call Associate Scenic Stylist assists with scenic element changes, including furniture, props and posters according to the scenic styling plan.
- Studio Execution and Scenic Maintenance
- Assist in gathering, load-in and placement of on-air scenic elements according to the scenic styling plan. This includes, but is not limited to, changing of posters, props and furniture on set.
- Assist in restoring the sets to their original, storefront condition. This includes, but is not limited to, returning posters, props and furniture to the proper storage areas.
- Answer the Scenic cell phone and provide a level of support for the live show.
- Provide sell furniture for the live show.
- Assist with tabletop displays, creation of “shoot through” displays, styling mannequins with appropriate apparel and accessories, and simple flower arrangements.
- Organize, clean and maintain sets, furniture, and props in the warehouse and staging area.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Broadcasting, or a related art field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- 1-2 years Recent and demonstrated experience dressing the sets in a live studio environment; Television Studio or Theater required.
- Knowledge of style trends, interior design elements, current fashion looks, and visual merchandising
- Ability to climb stairs / ladders.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to differentiate between colors and textures.
- Ability to use basic carpentry tools.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.)
****MUST BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THE SCHEDULE AS DICTATED BY THE NEEDS OF THE BUSINESS.***
****** MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS ********