Shop TODAY, the commerce arm of TODAY, is looking for an Associate Social Media Editor to help manage a portfolio of social platforms.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 31, 2022
This person will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-say workflow of all of Shop TODAY’s platforms. This includes being responsible for writing snappy social copy, filming and editing video, and supporting audience growth and KPIs. They will work closely with the editorial team to optimize content packaging, give feedback on best social practices, and pitch new and innovative social-first franchises.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced social storyteller, with an interest in service journalism. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented and can not only work together with the social team, but across editorial, art, production, and legal and standards to ensure we’re following all guidance provided.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong news judgment who feels comfortable juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. They should have a strong grasp on trends in the social sphere and be prepared to put Shop TODAY’s own unique twist on them.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day workflow of Shop TODAY’s social content calendar, and upholding editorial standards and best practices
- Write copy for all social copy going out, changing voice and tone depending on the audience on each platform.
- Collaborate with the art team and editorial team to package and promote daily content, special projects, and tentpole events (gift guides, Prime Day, Black Friday, etc.)
- Collaborate with the TODAY Digital social team to amplify Shop TODAY content across platforms
- Shoot and edit social first videos to promote the products we are trying, as well as repackage broadcast clips for social
- 2+ years editorial social experience
- 1+ years editorial social experience for a commerce publisher
- Exceptional knowledge of grammar and AP Style
- Proven experience with copy writing for social media
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple teams
- Strong editorial judgment and sense of the TODAY voice and audience
- Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products that will resonate with TODAY readers