The Associate Production Manager of Post - Episodic works closely with the Director of Post Production, Episodic Producers, and support staff on a variety of projects in all phases of post production.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jul 06, 2022
Flex Type Hybrid - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for an Associate Production Manager (Episodic) who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Associate Production Manager of Post - Episodic works closely with the Director of Post Production, Episodic Producers, and support staff on a variety of projects in all phases of post production. Maintaining an outstanding level of oversight to ensure that shows are locked, mastered and delivered in an organized and efficient manner.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Post Production milestones for Episodic Productions
- Schedule post production meetings, sessions, final reviews and capture notes as needed.
- Keep all editorial and post calendars up to date.
- Manage the delivery of all retake shots to post.
- Daily liaison with producers, editors and production staff.
- Collaborate with other post staff to prioritize workload of technicians, editors and suites.
- Create episodic credits and route them for internal review and approval.
- Send episodes to standard and practices teams for review and approval.
- Work with production and publicity teams to submit content to various award guilds.
- Point of contact for technical teams at Lucasfilm, D+ and outside vendors.
- Respond to and deliver media for marketing or screening requests.
- Manage post production work space and assets – production to archiving.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors and help reach solutions in a timely manner. Flag important material for review.
- Deliver masters, metadata and required documentation to D+ and to the Lucasfilm archive.
- Create and maintain up to date technical and procedural specs sheets and other department documentation.
- Crosstrain with other post staff on workflows and pipelines so as to build team strength and flexibility.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of professional work experience required, preferably in post production.
- Must possess very strong organizational, communication and project management skills to multi-task and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while displaying the highest level of professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to adapt and work with diverse personalities and work styles.
- High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Be familiar and comfortable with HD, UHD, DCI, and DolbyVision HDR workflows
- Be familiar and comfortable with Stereo and 5.1 audio post production workflows.
- This position may require some weekend work as well as the ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires on-site attendance for in-person sessions and reviews.