Nightline has an opening for an Associate Producer. The ideal candidate is looking forward to the adrenaline high of a news of the day “crash” while bringing forward magazine style storytelling.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 24, 2023
Nightline has an opening for an Associate Producer. The ideal candidate is looking forward to the adrenaline high of a news of the day “crash” while bringing forward magazine style storytelling. Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include providing logistical and editorial support for all aspects of production. That support includes, but is not limited to:
- Booking characters/elements/access
- Handle all logistics and prep for pre-production before shoots
- Scripting on deadline
- Field producing
- Assist with editorial and archival research
- Organize editors and ready media for edit
- Collaborate with graphic artists
- Work closely with Rights & Clearances, Legal and Standards
- Pitch stories with regularity
- On occasion backfill Ops Producer and other roles
- Operate B Camera
- Film expert interviews
- All candidates should have extensive production and journalistic reporting experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures. Open to working nightside hours and weekends
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Entrepreneurial, strong self-starting approach to work
- Working knowledge of cameras and related gear - or want to learn
- Working knowledge of Avid editing systems or equivalent and media organization
- Experience with breaking news and longform content
- Must feel comfortable crashing and enjoy fast-paced breaking news environment
- Previous experience working at a television news broadcast.
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $64,800 to $86,400 per year.