We are expanding and growing NBC News Now big time and fast. We need a creative, passionate team of journalists to make the magic for Hallie Jackson’s primetime show.
Greater New York City Area
Get in touch if you love to think outside of the box, edit video, write, work with graphics and want to be part of a great team. We’re building this show and this team from scratch and you’ll have a hand in shaping it right from the start!
But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The bulk of the job:
- Editing video and graphic elements for the live show on a tight deadline
- Working in the show rundown (iNews) to build segments and writing intros to packages / other taped elements as needed
- Pitch relevant and compelling live segments and stories that will resonate with our audience
- Editing in Adobe Premiere and AVID
- Working with producers and correspondents to research and write scripts as needed
- Working closely with EP, producer, correspondents, and hosts
- Staying up on the news and jumping in as duty calls
- You’ve been working in digital video, broadcast or cable news for 2+ years
- You’re comfortable editing digital video and you want to get even better at it
- You’ve got an interest and passion for journalism and up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
- You’ve got big ideas and want to develop the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You are willing to work in New York, New York
- You’re able to work calmly under intense deadline to finish a project
- You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
- You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
- You have prior experience shooting in the field on DSLR cameras
- Comfortable producing stories using remote interviews and video material on hand