The Associate Producer will work closely with producers to desktop edit, write and produce news content for all NBC 6 platforms. Additionally, provide fill in for line producers.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Jun 02, 2022
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize and write news stories.
- Coordinate script and storyline with correct video sources and graphics.
- Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast.
- Write breaking-news under short deadline
- A Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience writing, producing and editing (non-linear) on an electronic news producing system.
- Must be willing to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays on short notice.
- Must be willing to work at the station in the Miramar location.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- No relocation benefits available.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Strong news writing skills.
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
- Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
- Experience in a news environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
- Strong computer skills.
- Passion to develop and present story ideas.
Day, Evening, Overnight