The Associate Producer for National Geographic’s Yellow Border Production Services team will provide production support to a busy, fast-paced production department and oversee final delivery of The Incredible Dr. Pol series episodes.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Aug 15, 2023
- The Associate Producer for National Geographic’s Yellow Border Production Services team will provide production support to a busy, fast-paced production department;
- oversee final delivery of The Incredible Dr. Pol series episodes, ensuring compliance with all editorial standards, Legal requirements, Research requests, S&P requests, and Quality Control, for broadcast on National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, and nonlinear streaming platforms including Disney+ and Hulu;
- develop concepts for compilations, mashups, reversions, cutdowns, updates, and popped shows;
- supervise or assist with creative tasks on assigned projects from development through delivery including – budgeting, research, writing pitches, supervising and directing field shoots, supervising edits, writing narration, conceiving and supervising the revision of existing content, creating and shooting updates for existing content, cutting shows to clock, selecting and directing narration talent, supervising editors and audio mixes;
- ensure NG Research, S&P and QC (quality control) compliance on all programs;
- create deliverables for Yellow Border Production Services produced shows as needed, including narration scripts, credits, music cue sheets, acquired footage logs, conformed scripts and graphics logs;
- review and approve legal binders;
- and assist Executive Producers, Producers, and Yellow Border Production Services Management team as needed.
This position will not supervise other staff / have any direct reports.
- Oversee The Incredible Dr. Pol series edit masters
- Ensure compliance of shows airing on linear networks and nonlinear platforms
- Oversee and complete legal and departmental deliverables for assigned shows
- Develop concepts for production of premier content from archive
- Work with Producers to prepare for narration records
- Microsoft Office; Teams; Outlook; Premiere, Basic Editing
- Strong communication; attention to detail, creative skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree; 5+ years’ experience in nonfiction television production and oversight or equivalent experience