Looking for that creative show writer that can make magic with words. This position combines the lifestyle living of the ‘burgh with the daily headlines that matter to our community.
Looking for someone who thinks outside the box for creative content but also understands daily deadline pressures. If this is you…apply now!
• Writing stories for on air, online and social platforms for a new look lifestyle show based in the ‘Burgh
• Create Impactful headlines and teases for the broadcast of show
• Craft show rundowns that meet the station mission for memorable, original content
• Create easy to understand graphics and identify all production elements required for content
• Must independently work, be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in news writing preferably for a television station
• Bachelor’s or technical degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
• Must be driven, innovative, self-directed and independently work while meeting critical deadlines.
• Willing to work a varied work schedule as needed