The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting Producer and/or Executive Producer with daily content prep, recording, editing, and planning of daily and/or weekly shows on air and online.
Orlando, Florida Area
Apr 29, 2022
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicates with information sources and producers to prepare reports for broadcast
- Prepares and delivers reports live on the air
- Works with executive producer and talent to execute daily broadcasts
- Oversees in-studio production and screening of listener/viewer calls
- Assists executive producer with daily production assignments
- Researches topics, pitches guest and topics as needed
- Performs audio/video editing and pre/post production work as needed
- Guest booking and interview prep as assigned by producer
- Ability to prioritize assignments in a changing topical landscape
- Participates in other production and/or creative duties
- Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas for newscasts, shows or specials
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
- Works with promotions staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of broadcast experience.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to execute ideas
- Comfortable working with talent, and other high profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.