The Associate Producer is responsible for coordinating daily news, booking guests, writing segments, and taking all live stock charts to air in real time.
The role is ideal for candidates with TV experience and proven knowledge of business news content.
- Identifying and pitching key stories and editorial themes
- Booking and segment-producing of guests
- Supporting live show producers in a breaking news environment
- Researching topics and summarizing findings for producers & presenters
- Liaising with news editors to help drive CNBC editorial planning and priorities
- Building and maintaining relationships with CNBC guests and contributors
- Communicate with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
What you’ll bring:
• At least two years of experience within a news organization
• Previous experience monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news
• Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment
• Knowledge of business, economics, and financial markets.
• A clear understanding of CNBC’s editorial and programming priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding of the role of social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform deliver