The Associate Producer for A&E serves as a key member of the team working to support both the development and production teams.
The Associate Producer will track the status of ongoing projects and deliverables for both development and production, assist executives with all aspects of creative from casting, creating decks, research, and work with freelance production teams on active shows and manage show deliverables for shows aired. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly-organized, highly-motivated and experienced AP who has worked on a wide range on nonfiction projects. They should also be able to communicate effectively with outside producers, give smart creative notes on projects and understand network priorities. We are looking for someone who wants to go above and beyond to make the merely good, great.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Generate ideas and identify new talent – have your eyes and ears open to news, pop culture, internet trends, interesting worlds, and potential breakout characters…anything that can inspire an unscripted series for A&E
- Work closely with Executives to manage assigned shows, which also means helping to give critical notes and have the experience and ability to lock cuts on own
- Manage and update various AirTable bases, which tracks all departmental information from project status, freelancer details, workloads, etc
- Work with show’s associate producers in post-production and manage workflow of deliverables to upload, which includes (but not limited to) final script, lower thirds, credits, shot sheet and all available releases.
- BA/BS Degree with preferably at least 3 years experience in tv production
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Experience noting shows and locking cuts
- Great attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong creative skills
- Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential.
- Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers.
- Ability to Skype with potential talent a plus.
- Experience in Final Cut Pro a plus
- Passion for all things Content
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.