Come work in Someplace Else! Fred Rogers Productions (FRP) is looking for an Associate Producer to join our Donkey Hodie team.
The Full-Time staff position reports to the Supervising Producer and is based in Pittsburgh. Relocation assistance will be provided for the selected candidate, if needed.
This position is a great fit for someone who has TV/film production experience, a focused interest in creating exceptional content for kids, a passion for details and organization, an enthusiasm for big ideas, and a playful spirit. We’re looking for someone eager to grow in their production career.
This is an office job; there is no work on set. Workplace health and safety standards are of the utmost importance. This individual must be willing to follow CDC-established guidelines and company policies to prevent and limit the exposure of COVID-19.
Project Organization and Scheduling
- Create organizational, tracking, and filing systems for all series material working with production assistant and post-production manager.
- Create processes for and oversee upload and archive of all production material and related metadata to digital asset management system.
- Work closely with production partner to create and manage schedules for delivery and review of scripts and production elements.
- Manage schedules on FRP’s side to anticipate needs and communicate deadlines internally and externally.
- Create and manage schedule for, and delivery of, ancillary broadcast deliverables including episode descriptions, episodic images, clip requests, and funder acknowledgements.
Scripting and Production
- Manage feedback process on scripts and production elements from advisors, FRP colleagues, and PBS.
- Work with educational advisors and support curriculum development for episodes.
- Observe shoots via Zoom.
- Review and QA series packaging elements including show credits, fine cut scripts, descriptive video scripts, and final episode assemblies.
- Supervise production assistant in the execution of daily tasks.
- Provide creative input on series elements and develop critical editorial skills.
Cross-Department Coordination and Management
- Manage feedback process for the review of marketing, community engagement, and licensing materials, delivery of production assets, and miscellaneous project needs. Review all material and provide notes to supervising producer for review/approval.
- As needed, manage creation of promotional assets (e.g., clips, promos, images).
- Work with FRP colleagues and production partner to schedule and plan project needs such as photo shoots, voice records, and miscellaneous requests.
- Create and maintain production updates, including various presentations, for internal and external purposes.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in roles such as production coordinator or associate producer
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, time-management, and project-management skills – and a love for them!
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Careful attention to detail with strong editing and proofreading skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm to learn and to mentor
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, kindness, and good humor
- Interest in or knowledge of children’s media
- Experience providing creative input as part of a team
- Experience managing others
- Familiarity with Premiere and Photoshop