Good Morning America is looking for an Associate Producer. Associate Producers will work to ensure that guests reflect a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and present a variety of viewpoints on various subjects.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Jul 07, 2023
Good Morning America is looking for an Associate Producer. Associate Producers will work to ensure that guests reflect a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and present a variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News in close coordination on stories.
- This role encompasses all aspects of editorial and live production – from pitching the best story ideas daily, to then calling on stories and booking the top guests, to producing guests both in the field and in our studio.
- This candidate should be a strong writer with a keen news sense and an understanding of how to make cold calls and vet breaking news stories.
- This job may require some travel and candidates will be expected to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend hours as well as holidays as needed.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
- The ideal candidate will have TV production experience including control room experience, booking, writing and editing.
- iNews and Avid experience a plus
- Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $56,400.00 to $77,550.00 per year.