WTXF, the Fox O&O in Philadelphia, PA, is seeking an Associate Producer to join our news team. Responsibilities include writing stories and teases, editing video, and creating graphics and supers for newscasts and digital platforms.
Greater Philadelphia Area
Nov 16, 2022
- The position works closely with producers to help develop and format newscasts and communicates continuously with Reporters, Photographers, Assignment Desk, Managers and other applicable employees or outside sources regarding story developments and changes.
- Must be willing to learn how to produce newscasts and be available for assignment as a newscast producer on a fill-in basis as warranted by news management.
- May be required to field produce.
- Facilitate communication during newscasts regarding live shots and story development.
- Associate Producers must have the ability to overcome anticipated and unexpected changes when putting together newscasts.
- Must be willing to assist on the assignment desk if necessary.
- Must be reachable 24 hours a day in breaking news situations.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- One to two years’ experience as a TV Newscast Associate Producer or Producer in a small to medium to major television market or equivalent preferred.
- Ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and be willing to work any work shift, as needed.
- Strong knowledge of legal and ethical parameters for mass media is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of the technical aspects of television news production required, including digital and web-based newsgathering tools.
- Ideal candidate must be able to use newsroom computer systems, including AVID iNews and AVID search, editing and graphics programs.
- Candidate must be able to work flexible hours, shifts and shows; early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required.