The Associate Producer is responsible for the successful creation, coordination and execution of a show or segment for TV or Digital Platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Aug 16, 2023
The Associate Producer is responsible for the successful creation, coordination and execution of a show or segment for TV or Digital Platforms. The role of the AP is to prepare the editorial content for the broadcast both for linear and non-linear platforms, also to assist with the management of different aspects of the production and coordinate with internal support areas. Associate Producers are expected to serve as live graphics producer and live segment producers. Also, produce short form content and segments, including but not limited to soccer tactical analysis using various software and production tools to that end. The associate producer will report to the Director of Production.
- Meet with Producer and Area Managers to review production schedule, as well as editorial content for upcoming shows.
- Coordinate specific production and staffing needs for broadcasts, including editing and control room areas, technical production, and art departments.
- Verify that all in-show production elements are ready for air, with special attention to sponsored elements. Review traffic instructions leading up to the broadcast.
- Prepare original editorial content for the linear show and digital extensions both locally and on the field, including but not limited soccer tactical analysis, selecting, translating, and transcribing sound bites and footage for a piece. Prepare research for stories or segments as needed.
- Write and copy-edit scripts and the video editing of a story.
- Meet with show director and technical crew to go over show details. Meet with show staff to verify production assignments. Prepare and fact-check all show graphics and segments.
- Field Produce stories and remote productions; assist with live shots as needed.
- Attain a complete knowledge of all show elements; how they work and how they are applied within the various shows.
- Provide story ideas and offer suggestions to improve broadcasts and non-linear coverage on a regular basis. Research stories and produce sweeps series as needed.
- Prepare scripts and materials for cross-promotional purposes and for use by digital media department and network affiliates.
- Produce sports briefs, live halftime reports, other live or recorded sports segments.
- Provide quality control over content across broadcast and digital platforms.
- A solid knowledge of sports content with an emphasis on Mexican, English Premier League and International soccer, US domestic sports and boxing for US Hispanic market.
- General computer skills: INEWS, MS Office, Avid Interplay, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Solid editing, writing and production skills.
- Knowledge of soccer tactical analysis tool VIZRT Libero Vision, Piero and or similar.
- Three years Control Room (live & taped programs) experience required with an emphasis in graphics, content creation and segments producing.
- Three years’ experience working in broadcast television.
- Proficiency in Social Media use and content generation for Social channels.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting or Radio/TV/Film from an accredited university or collage.
- Ability to interact effectively with all sports operation’s personnel and specific department personnel who can impact the daily operations of the assignment desk assistant.
- Must be able to work a non-conventional work schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and must have a valid passport for travel.
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and follow directions from various members of the team.
- Ability to communicate in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Must be able to always represent the department and company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
- High degree of integrity and professionalism