The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in the daily organization of newscasts as assigned by the Producers and/or the Executive Producer. He/she will also support the activities for a fast-paced newsroom. Strong writing and organizational skills are a must for this position.
Greater Chicago Area
Jun 21, 2022
The AP will also learn how to line produce shows and learn effective producing techniques.
- The AP will help with writing, editing, and coordinating content, along with assisting guests and contributors.
- The role requires field producing for live and taped segments for newscasts.
- The AP will also write, edit, and post stories on the station’s digital and social media platforms.
- The AP will monitor wires, create graphics, gather information for news content.
- He/she will work closely with the Assignment Desk to coordinate live shots and field crews and provide logistical support.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications is preferred.