The Associate Producer will work closely with producers and assist with all aspects of production for a national daily nostalgic-themed, morning television program featuring some of the most beloved cartoons of all time.
Greater Chicago Area
Jun 13, 2023
Weigel Productions is a collaborative production environment that seeks thoughtful, professional and hardworking individuals to join its creative team. The Associate Producer will work closely with producers and assist with all aspects of production for a national daily nostalgic-themed, morning television program featuring some of the most beloved cartoons of all time.
The ideal candidate must be a creative self-starter who can identify and complete tasks efficiently, highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, as well as an effective communicator who can work as part of a team in person or remotely.
- Identify and pitch topical stories and segment ideas for nostalgic-themed morning television show
- Book topical guests and extras
- Serve as point of contact for guests from pre-production until after taping
- Assist producer in all aspects of production for studio taping and field shoots
- Conduct editorial research and fact checking
- Procure visual assets for segments, obtain releases from outside sources as needed with legal oversight
- Coordinate logistics and creative needs with other departments including crew, graphics and art requests for props/costumes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have previous professional television experience.
- Candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of multiple elements of production will be preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a must.
- iNews, GV Stratus and Adobe C-Suite experience a plus.