The Associate Producer is part of team of creative television producers who are responsible for a variety of award-winning non-scripted interviews, specials and events that appear on OWN. Daily, the Associate Producer will work on a variety of different projects and shows at one time in support of the Executive Producers.
Greater Los Angeles Area
- Generate ideas for show content based on programming needs
- Source locations for shoots
- Research facts and information to support script writing
- Support producers and executive producers with logistics, planning, etc.
- Collect signed releases from talent and distribute to legal department
- Organize scripts, research, and other documents
- Secure footage and photos from third party sources like AP and Getty; work with clearance coordinator to make sure those images are paid for and legally cleared to use in our productions
- Travel to various locations to help executive producers and producers execute field shoots
- Prepare and print pertinent documents for show hosts and executive producers
- Coordinate with a variety of departments to help executive producers ensure delivery of our shows including: Legal, Clearance, Graphics and Public Relations
- Help organize posting of weekly podcast content
- Assist Executive Producers in all needs
- BA or BS in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Film/TV or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working as an associate producer on a major unscripted television show or talk show.
- Podcast experience a plus
- Must be digital savvy by researching talent, trends, and emerging stories.
- Must be proficient in Google docs, Microsoft Suite, Zoom, etc
- Must be able to communicate effectively – verbally, in writing and in person.
- Able to work well with team members in a fast-paced environment, able to work weekends.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at Productions.com