The Digital Editorial associate editor is a full-time position that works across our basketball content groups (NBA, WNBA, men’s and women’s college basketball) to create and curate the most accurate, timely and engaging content.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 31, 2022
Candidates must demonstrate a strong editing background, news judgement and the ability to work within a team. The position requires an understanding of a 24/7 news environment that includes desktop, mobile, social and personalized platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment and has a flexible work schedule. This role is located in Los Angeles, CA and the individual will work a hybrid work schedule.
- Assign and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
- Work with writers to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital Editorial sports products.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content engaging and comprehensive.
- Establish proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
- Establish proficiency and knowledge for SEO best practices.
- Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in editorial and content creation.
- Understanding and appreciation of news and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Appreciation for and understanding of basketball.
- Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making.
- Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences.
High school diploma
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.