As an Associate Booking Producer, you will work as part of NBC News’ News Booking Unit, responsible for bookings guests across NBC’s streaming news network, NBC News Now.
Greater New York City Area
Jun 09, 2022
The Associate Booking Producer will serve as an experienced booker for the dayside Now streaming programming, liaising directly with dayside broadcasts. You will serve as primary contact for executive and senior News Now leadership and represent dayside programming on network projects and initiatives. You will work to secure breaking news guests for News Now and set up the rest of the network’s daily coverage. The position is a fast-paced job, with excellent news judgment, and an eagerness to find the most compelling guests to break news to our viewers every day.
• Will be working on short-term and long-term bookings across the multiple platforms of NBC News.
• Must possess strong anchor booking skills and a keen eye for pitches focused on anchor’s interests as well as competitive news of day bookings.
• Expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
• Will be working with the production team for all travel logistics for the guests as well as arranging pre-interviews with segments producers.
• Coordinating and giving direction to all bookers in the field, often times during breaking news.
• Responsible for compiling and sending out a daily booking note to executive dayside team which details all booking efforts and secured guests.
• Organizing and supporting the handover for our prime time booking team.
• Must have at least 3 years of experience working in production or booking at the network level.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Schedule will be Monday through Friday, 7 AM ET to 4 PM.
• Must be willing to travel with little notice, and for extended periods.
• Must be willing to take submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must enjoy channel surfing morning news programs with your coffee/breakfast.
• Gets chills from the “Good Evening” first line on evening news broadcasts.
• Appreciates a New York Post front page pun.
• Likes to power read morning media newsletters like New York Times, Buzzfeed and/or Politico.
• Must be ok with rejection, even when you want to crawl under your desk
• Enjoys creating Google/Twitter alerts for topics of interest
• Likes to hit Wikipedia or Google search for background information on people you read about on or in the news.
• Feels extreme excitement over an exclusive graphic, especially when it is on an interview the team booked
• Understands how to work with people in serious, sometimes competitive, subject matters.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong knowledge of all social media platforms.
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.