MSNBC Weekends is looking for an experienced Associate Booking Producer for Yasmin Vossoughian Reports.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 28, 2022
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
- Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
- Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio
- Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
- Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, including researching information and tracking down guests.
- Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
- Knowledge of Avid/Media Central and iNews preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.