NBC Universal: Provides project support for all production management functions with specific attention to development of scope, budgeting, development of staffing plans, scheduling, purchase approvals, and budget tracking.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 24, 2023
Production Management is accountable for the four main project functions of Financial accountability, Process accountability, Schedule/Calendar accountability & Task Completion accountability. The Assistant Production Manager participates in these four main functions at a variety of levels, depending upon the individual project scope/need:
- For large-scale/marquee projects (as assigned), this position will provide support of all of these functions, project-wide and/or have shared-accountability for one or more functions within a specific segment/assignment on the project.
- For medium-scale projects (as assigned), this position will provide support of all of these functions, project-wide and/or have full-accountability for one or more functions within a specific segment/assignment on the project.
- For small-scale projects (as assigned), this position may have full accountability for all combined functions, project wide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides project support for all production management functions with specific attention to development of scope, budgeting, development of staffing plans, scheduling, purchase approvals, and budget tracking. Works closely with finance and production partners, as appropriate, on budget updates and justifications.
- Provides support in the development of operational planning for projects.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and communication with all necessary stakeholders. Takes lead for specific meetings as required.
- Develops and/or implements task-specific timelines.
- Manages specific installation of project elements (vendors/in-house trades).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in theatrical or entertainment production.
- Working technical knowledge of live entertainment.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and nights as required.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Performing Arts, Stage Management, Production, Business, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Thorough understanding of live entertainment in a theme park environment.
- Ability to achieve results through flawless execution of strategies and objectives.
- Solid background in vendor negotiations
- Excellent verbal, writing, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and constant change.
- A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service.
Salary range: $68,000 - $72,000