Support the London Newsdesk team with guest booking and TV segment-production
London, United Kingdom
Apr 26, 2023
The Newsdesk Assistant Producer is an important member of the London Newsdesk and TV production team. You will work on the team that is the information and newsgathering hub for the London newsroom and for its two daily news programmes, Squawk Box and Street Signs.
You will be assigned a portfolio of daily and long-term, strategic responsibilities. This might include guest booking key daily strategist segments, spot booking during breaking news events, populating the forward planning diary with notable news events and highlights, as well as being responsible for one or two specific geographic or corporate sector beats where you’ll be responsible for monitoring relevant news stories for CNBC’s European TV leadership team. In some instances, performing these functions might require domestic UK and international travel with a CNBC reporter in a field reporting/outside broadcast capacity.
You will report into the Head of Guest Bookings for EMEA.
- Support the London Newsdesk team with guest booking and TV segment-production
- Draft briefs for TV anchors and correspondents on booked guests and news event
- Monitor news stories and events that are relevant to the CNBC audience
- Participate in daily and weekly editorial planning meetings to Identify and pitch relevant and compelling news stories and segments for European programmes
- Work with CNBC’s digital news and social media teams on joint stories and production efforts, which includes digital video clipping
- React to breaking news, including spot booking TV guests for air and/or field-producing polished and professional outside broadcasts with an anchor or correspondent.
- Build a strong list of contacts and sources in governments and corporations across EMEA
- Generate a morning editorial note to inform CNBC International newsrooms of key EMEA news stories that day
- A passion for current affairs, and broadcast news in particular
- Working knowledge of key business, financial and economic topics, newsmakers, and stories
- High standard of written and verbal English
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated TV news or equivalent experience, with relevant responsibilities consistent with this role
- A confident, professional communicator
- A team player who not only thrives working in collaboration with others but can also work independently
- A strong editorial sense, with the ability to see and understand what makes good news
- A proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, to meet short deadlines required to work in a demanding live news environment
- Self-motivated, with a solid can-do attitude
- Additional languages, French and/or German, would be beneficial.
Please note that this position will be office based at CNBC’s London headquarters, Monday to Friday.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.