The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences. Participate in motion capture recording sessions including daily production prep and capture system set up.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
May 19, 2023
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
Reporting to the Stage Manager, the Assistant Motion Capture Technician is a member of Acquisition team - the crew that prepares and executes motion capture recording sessions.
- Participate in motion capture recording sessions including daily production prep and capture system set up.
- Learn and operate proprietary tools related to the acquisition systems.
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Acquisition team members, participate in construction/assembly of set pieces and props.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the studio Audio and Video systems.
- Participate in talent wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application.
- Participate in general studio/stage maintenance.
- Help document workflow and pipelines.
- Contribute to postmortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in a related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video Games, VFX, Theatre.
- Comfortable with the pressures of being on-set and working in a live production environment.
Candidates should also have experience/expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- General motion capture knowledge and experience.
- Audio/Video production.
- 3D animation software, such as Motion Builder.
- Carpentry or set construction.
- Film/theatre/concert stagecraft and rigging.