Blizzard Entertainment: As an Assistant Lead Quest Designer on the World of Warcraft team you will be equal parts creator and mentor. This is a split responsibility position where you are excited to both build excellent quests and repeatable content, as well as to provide direction for the execution of major content and features.
Greater Boston Area
Jul 17, 2023
As an Assistant Lead Quest Designer on the World of Warcraft team you will be equal parts creator and mentor. This is a split responsibility position where you are excited to both build excellent quests and repeatable content, as well as to provide direction for the execution of major content and features. As a leader you will help designers on the team grow their skills and careers, provide feedback and guidance to ensure our content meets the world class quality bar, and lead by example with your own creations. We value diverse voices and varied backgrounds, and we're looking for individuals to help us build fun, compelling, and inclusive gameplay experiences for World of Warcraft.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Boston, MA.
What you will do…
- Mentor team members through crafting and iterating designs, and on implementation best practices.
- Contribute to the long-term vision of the game’s quest and outdoor world experience.
- Communicate and coordinate goals, tasking, and approvals between the various world teams.
- Provide constructive feedback for your team and help them achieve their design goals.
- On-board and mentor team members through creating and iterating designs.
- Work with production and other leads to manage the team’s schedule.
- Collaborate with WoW’s other disciplines to build high quality experiences while integrating their teams’ goals with your own.
- Partner with QA and production to plan, implement, document, and test features.
- Champion work / life balance for your team.
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed you must have…
- Extensive quest content or outdoor world repeatable content experience. You’ve been responsible for designing significant chunks of game content from concept to completion.
- A strong desire to succeed through others by understanding their needs, advocating on their behalf, and providing support and guidance as required.
- Familiarity with World of Warcraft questing and outdoor content.
- The ability to consider feedback from multiple conflicting viewpoints and provide design guidelines for teammates to make the best overall decision.
- Experience providing direction in the development of major features.
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others.
- The ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Cover Letter, which should include a bit about you and why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft in this role. Cover letters are not required but are strongly encouraged.