The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a Graphic Designer to participate in the creation of visual assets for SFFILM campaigns for the 2023 SFFILM Festival.
The Graphic Designer works closely with SFFILM’s in-house Designer, Project Manager, and Coordinator to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This position is ideal for an early to mid career designer seeking to utilize strong technical skills in a fast-paced environment with broad Bay Area project visibility and impact. We are open to working around scheduling considerations for students or emerging professionals, or candidates who can balance this role with other ongoing opportunities. Weekly time in the SFFILM offices will be required, so Bay Area based candidates are strongly preferred.
This is an hourly, part-time, seasonal role starting in January 2023 and continuing through April 14. The ideal candidate will have scheduling flexibility to work 20–25 hours per week in January and early February, and closer to 40 hours (with some overtime) per week February 14–April 14. Pay is $25/hr and eligible for limited, pre-approved overtime. Application review will begin December 7, 2022 and be ongoing through the month.
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 2023 San Francisco International Film Festival
- Assist in design and layout of Festival program guide, a 60+-page print book detailing 150 events
- Produce digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to onscreen slideshows projected before screening
- Produce graphics for social media and email campaigns
- Create and present mockups and presentations for feedback from the Communications team and some external partners
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines
- This position reports to the SFFILM staff Graphic Designer
- 2–3 years of relevant professional experience, working towards a career in graphic design strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of branding, composition, and typography
- Fluency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Proficiency in After Effects is a plus
- Able to take initiative, receive and implement feedback
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving)
- Clear, direct, and professional communication style
- Able to create work within and adhere to a style guide
- Nimble and detail oriented, experience working with grid systems
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment
Start date Tue, Jan 17
End date Fri, Apr 14
Pay rate: $25 per hour, eligible for overtime pay. This position will be expected to work overtime prior to the SFFILM Festival.