We are looking for an experienced Assistant Food Stylist to work with our Culinary Producer and Design team to prepare food for television.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 15, 2022
This person will work directly with the Culinary Producer to prepare the recipes and to use styling techniques, so food looks desirable and lasts for the length of the TV spot.
- Assist the Culinary Producer with preparation of food/culinary related segments for the broadcast.
- Assist Culinary Producer, Production Designer, and Art Directors in the planning and preparing of cooking demos equipment set-ups. Such as pulling all utensils, equipment and tools needed based off the food script provided by the Culinary Producer.
- Assist Culinary Producer in preparing all food swaps and mise en place for cooking demo and food related segments.
- Have a strong understanding of the daily timing of the show and self-sufficient work ethic to execute a la minute swaps needed for on-air demo.
- Coordinate with studio crew and stagehands to ensure food/props make it to the set in a timely manner.
- Check in and organize all food shopping based off list provided by Culinary Producer.
- Organize segment trays based off production schedule for the upcoming week.
- Coordinate additional food needs with props team, if need be. Such as requesting items to be repurchased if they arrive and are incorrect based off the request submitted on the shopping list or the items are of poor quality.
- Organize general kitchen stock such as rotating inventory, and keep kitchen clear of safety hazards.
- Work with studio crew and stagehands to keep kitchen organized and well-stocked with paper and plastic goods.
- Work closely with the culinary producer to help execute food demonstrations across all 4 hours of the show.
- Inventory all kitchen pantry and produce items and ensure they are placed back in the proper location after use.
• Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent professional experience
• 2+ years of food experience at a top lifestyle website, publication or channel or similar production experience.
• Must be an organized self-starter with exceptional time management skills.
• Must be open to a schedule with early start times
• The ideal candidate will have a passion for food content.
• The incumbent should be able to work efficiently in a high-paced and high-energy environment.