ATK is on a mission to find an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Editor to join our TV & Video department. The ideal candidate will be meticulous, curious, self-directed, and comfortable in a fast-paced production environment. This position reports to the Director of Post-Production.
Greater Boston Area
Jul 11, 2023
ATK is on a mission to find an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Editor to join our TV & Video department. In this role, you will assist in various tasks within the post-production process and play a key role in media management and archiving, with a special focus on supporting the company’s OTT (“over-the-top”) efforts, which delivers our content to various streaming platforms. This is an onsite position. Our HQ is located in Boston’s seaport area.
The ideal candidate will be meticulous, curious, self-directed, and comfortable in a fast-paced production environment. This position reports to the Director of Post-Production.
- Assist with overall TV, Video and OTT post-production needs.
- Manage media transfer and backup during TV, OTT & Video shoots.
- Ingest and archive footage, assets, and all final deliverables.
- Organize assets, rename clips and sync footage.
- Multicam, gather elements, and prepare Premiere projects for editors.
- Create platform specific exports for our various digital and OTT platforms.
- Edit promos and extra promotional content for social platforms.
- Handle basic color correction, audio, and motion graphic tasks.
- Generate and review closed captions scripts.
- Build and maintain deliverable checklists for various OTT platforms.
- Track specs and other requirements for all deliverables.
- Identify and gather assets for OTT Deliverables.
- Coordinate with offsite and onsite editors the delivery of OTT files.
- Build and keep an Archive of all TV episodes and Video shows for OTT.
- Implement quality control review and log ad breaks for all delivered content.
- Basic editing to bring videos up to specs.
- Maintain a database of OTT archives and deliverables.
- Create metadata spreadsheets for all OTT channels.
- Facilitate final file delivery to OTT platforms by outlined deadlines
Support with project management for video production/post-production of each OTT series.
- 1-3 years working as an Assistant Editor on Television productions.
- Comfortable with Mac and Windows based computer systems.
- Experience with file servers and file management of media assets.
- Knowledgeable with encoding, transcoding, proxy workflows, and aspect ratios.
- Competent in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience with motion graphics, color grading and audio mix is a plus.