Our Assistant Editors are experienced post production professionals with an advanced level of technical and operational experience supporting cloud-based editing and mastering.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 20, 2023
Our Assistant Editors are experienced post production professionals with an advanced level of technical and operational experience supporting cloud-based editing and mastering. This role supports our team of Editors in various ways to ensure that they can maximize both their efficiency and their creative processes while maintaining high technical standards for global broadcast and distribution. Expert organization, collaboration, and the ability to multitask are required.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate with Edit Support staff to ensure all media is ready and staged for editing, including existing master assets, archival clips, audio files, closed captions, graphics, and camera raw footage.
- Ensure that industry best practices are used to ingest, transcode and/or standards convert footage to the appropriate format/framerate, and troubleshoot quality issues that may arise through this process.
- Prep projects. Stack and sync supplemental audio tracks, captions, subtitles when not supported by automation.
- Master finishing workflows, including up-rez, prep for online/grading/mix, QC, export files for transcode and delivery.
- Provide front-line support to troubleshoot post problems as they arise.
- Work with our Engineering department to conduct systems and workflow testing.
- Provide training for incoming Assistant Editors and ancillary support roles.
- Ensure projects are managed to support archiving of media and metadata.
In addition to these responsibilities, you will perform basic editing tasks such as making fixes and updates to our existing asset library, including video/audio patches and stitching/minor updates of captions, and export proxies and file-based deliverables based on editor/producer instructions.
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and basic After Effects.
- Familiarity with Avid Media Composer and Avid EOD; knowledge of Interplay is a plus.
- You have the desire to learn and take the initiative to gain technical and institutional knowledge.
- You can juggle multiple priorities and communication streams at once through a variety of platforms (email, Microsoft Teams, etc.) and have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor during periods of higher-volume work and/or pressing deadlines.
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- 1-2 years' experience working in a post production facility or similar production experience. Broadcast television network experience is preferred.
- Long form, episodic experience for factual and reality content is preferred but not required
- Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Frame.io, FTP a plus
- Familiarity with various file formats, the encoding process, the media supply chain and digital delivery methods.
- Experience with encode/transcode solutions including Media Encoder and Telestream Vantage for HD and SD media a definite plus.
- Experience with post production peripheral applications, including but not limited to: Airtable, Office 365, MS Teams, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, others.
- Strong computer skills with experience in administering Windows and MacOS systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television Production/Communication or equivalent experience
Compensation: Hourly Pay Range: $25.66 - $34.62