UMass Amherst: Create exciting and engaging photo and video content for Massachusetts Athletics with a primary focus on football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and ice hockey sales collateral to support attendance and revenue generation.
This position will work as a part of our Creative Services Team, under the direction of our Associate Athletics Director of Creative Services and Digital Strategy, to create exciting and engaging photo and video content for Massachusetts Athletics with a primary focus on football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and ice hockey sales collateral to support attendance and revenue generation.
- Work with the creative team, marketing team and select sport teams in shooting and/or editing engaging photo and video content.
- Assist Associate Athletics Director of Creative Services and Digital Strategy, in collaboration with coaching staffs, with the overall ideation, creative direction and production of engaging digital content across multiple mediums, with a focus on the @UMassAthletics and several sports-specific social media platforms. Video needs also include marketing/advertising pieces as well as video board content, highlights, and hype videos.
- Create, develop, and implement social media content strategies, guidelines and creative campaigns.
- Devise, storyboard, and plan multimedia feature content, telling the story of what makes the Massachusetts Athletics, coaches, and student-athletes different and special.
- Track platform specific analytics and recommend content engagement and growth strategies.
- Responsible for planning, overseeing, coordinating, and crafting creative athletic team video content. This includes pre-production, scheduling, ideation, equipment management, filming, archiving footage and post-production.
- Produce compelling video content focused on exposure and expansion of the Massachusetts Athletics Brand
- Research and assess new videographic methods and technology – makes recommendations for new equipment and process enhancements.
- Responsible for shooting game footage, practice sessions, student-athlete features and other projects as assigned.
- Responsible for producing highlights of events that tell the story beyond just what happened in competition.
- Help hire, train, and manage creative content team interns with the Associate AD of Creative and Digital Strategy.
- Constantly research best practices to ensure content strategy is in-line with audience trends.
- Gameday photo and/or video coverage for Olympic Sports and select revenue sports as needed.
- Recruit and mentor student interns to assist with photo, video, and editing of content.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Sports Management, or related field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop).
- Understanding and knowledge of photography & videography.
- Ability to provide a portfolio which highlights a variety of projects including photo and video skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage several projects at one time.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, and have the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage project flow.
- Team player with the ability to work well in a team setting and across diverse groups, organizations and departments.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, energetic, curious, creative thinker, trouble shooter and problem solver.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- A strong understanding of sports.
- Proficiency in graphic design (Photoshop).
- Knowledge of Motion Graphics.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment activity.
- Monday- Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.