America's Test Kitchen is seeking an Assistant Culinary Producer to join our Culinary Production, Video and Online Cooking School Team.
The newly formed team will manage recipe/content planning, food preparation, and visual presentation for video projects. In addition to providing food support for shoots, this team will be involved in pre-production as well as content review during the post-production process.
This position is site-based and may require early start times as well as the ability to participate in videos, behind-the-scenes action, and/or food styling during the filming of our two television programs.
- Coordinate food support needs, order and receive ingredients, select and manage equipment
- Work on set for video production as a liaison between programming executives, producers, talent, and culinary producers
- Plan or assist in planning shot lists
- Execute assigned photo and video shoots from preproduction to post production
- Maintain accuracy of recipe prep and execute food support for shoots
- Ensure excellence and brand integrity is met for editorial and visual standards
Skills and Abilities You Need to Succeed:
- Self-starter with independence, initiative, and a drive to succeed, as well as strong organizational skills and can-do approach to problem solving
- Ability to juggle cooking tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Comfort with both savory and sweet cooking methods and understanding of technique
- Fastidious attention to detail in following and executing recipes
- Ability to build relationships and work across multiple departments
- Ability to work cooperatively and comfortably in an environment in which decisions are more often made by the group than by the individual
Education and Experience You Should Have:
- Degree from an accredited culinary arts program or equivalent experience in recipe development, restaurant cooking, or food media
- Minimum of 1-year professional cooking experience and demonstrated ability to precisely follow directions and work in a professional kitchen environment
- Prior culinary support in association with video production strongly preferred