The Asset Coordinator works closely with the Production Manager and production team leads to provide support as needed, ensuring coordination of the daily workflow of production assets at each stage of the production.
This role acts as a liaison between the Toronto Studio and other production entities to coordinate, facilitate and organize all assets moving from one studio to the other.
• Ensure coordination of the daily workflow of production materials (ex. designs, Layouts etc.)
• Manage file transfers from outside suppliers using ASPERA and similar programs
• Establish and maintain Shotgrid, upload and assign assets
• Maintain a design database for design, Rigging, Posing, Layout, BG, Animation (2D & 3D), FX and Comp.
• Capture and edit production and creative meeting notes
• Liaise with the IT and Pipeline departments on behalf of the production
• Create, distribute and update an MDP and re-use library.
• Facilitate interdepartmental communication with all crew and freelancers
• Ensure all departments have the appropriate production assets and infrastructure in order to successfully execute in their roles and according to schedule
• Act as a quality control person working with the team leads
• Log and track all production activities and distributed materials, ensuring prompt distribution of production correspondence to internal and external personnel
• Attend creative review and approval sessions to help determine their impact on production
• Work closely with the Production Manager to propose solutions to any production challenges
• Support design coordination, list, reviews, approvals and assignments;
• Provide assistance with revisions/animation coordinating
• 2+ years of experience in same or similar role
• Understanding of the 2D & 3D animation pipeline, Harmony and Shotgun
• Able to proactively recognize challenges, flag them and provide possible solutions
• Strong understanding of the production ecosystem and deadlines
• Level-headed when working against tight timelines;
• Support team to achieve their goals, and performance best practices;
• Able to identify areas of improvement within the pipeline, working with the Art Director, Rigging Supervisor, Animation Director to find appropriate solutions
• Sound judgment and discretion while managing sensitive, confidential information.
• Superior communication skills, able to work autonomously and in a team setting.
• Excellent problem solving skills, with superior agility navigating multiple priorities and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to influence and drive results with internal personnel
• Professional and friendly with a flexible attitude.
• Computer literacy and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, as well as Gmail and Google applications, Shotgun, Harmony and Adobe Creative Suite.