KGET (Nexstar Media) is the dominant NBC station 90 minutes north of Los Angeles. The Graphic Artist conceptualizes and creates all online graphics for news, sales, and creative services departments.
Mar 15, 2023
We understand how graphic branding moves our on-air, digital and print product forward.
This is a premium position that hasn't been posted for nearly 40 years. It's a great opportunity with a number one NBC affiliate.
- The position works with our production and sales departments but the lion’s share of work is dedicated to our daily on-air, digital and social media news product. This includes our Emmy Award-Winning KGET news and Telemundo Valle Central Spanish news.
- The graphic artist takes part in client commercial work, station print work, logo design and outside advertising. And of course, news.
- You must know the Adobe Creative Cloud apps Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator. Premiere Pro knowledge is a big plus.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects, handle deadlines that range from two weeks to two hours (breaking news) is required. You can make your best attempt to help a coworker with their 'vision.' Then, turn around your own 'vision' for different project.
- The right person will enjoy the success of their accomplishments and revel in the success of a team environment.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelors' degree in Art, Design or Broadcasting (preferred)
- Three years of experience in graphic design with advanced experience in Adobe CS products including Photoshop, and Illustrator (preferred)
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously and to deliver finished projects on deadline
- Highly effective communications and organizational skills
Compensation - $16.50-$20.00/hr commensurate with experience and skill level.