The Artist position requires a creative and motivated individual to partner with the best game developers in the world to build the next great set of Walt Disney Games.
San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 09, 2022
The Artist's primary role includes working with our internal creative and production teams to provide feedback and guidance to external game developers. Create illustrations and concepts for visualization, presentation and development purposes. Research and reference, gather images and content for new IP properties. Provide general art support across all our WDG portfolio of games.
- Provide visual feedback across all our products in the form of draw-overs, painter-overs and written notes.
- Problem-solve brand and visual design challenges always working towards visual improvement of our products, characters and worlds.
- Communicate directly with internal Creative and Production Teams, and creative counterparts at our Licensees.
- Create concept designs and sketches for characters and worlds.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions to develop new game ideas or improve existing ones.
- Research and stay informed on specific brands across TWDC.
- Minimum 2 years gaming and/or mobile experience.
- Ability to create compelling artwork and illustrations.
- Passion for mobile gaming with a clear understanding of game types.
- Proficient 2D art skills with the ability to draw and illustrate characters, environments, and vehicles.
- Artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy, and lighting.
- Broad knowledge and illustrative styles from photorealism to -stylized.
- Effective researcher that understands how to navigate through search engines to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas.
- Self-starter reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge, experience with 3D modeling (Maya, 3D Max, Sketchup Pro, Rhino, Blender ,etc.).
- Understanding of game engines.