Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to drive and manage the day-to-day needs and workflow on our third feature film.
New York, Connecticut, New Jersey
Oct 24, 2022
They will oversee Visual Development as it transitions into Shot Production. The ideal candidate is a proactive and positive team-player, with the ability to multi-task amongst shifting priorities. They are an experienced leader who can motivate an international team within a constantly changing environment. This position will be based out of Skydance Animation East and requires residency in Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey.
- Strong working knowledge of Art department needs on an animated production as it moves into asset production
- Work alongside Producer to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements
- Understands how budget, scheduling, and overtime are affected by changes; ensure weekly quotas, department milestones, and inventory expectations are met
- Assign artist work, drive and manage schedules and workload, coordinate timely availability of resources
- Proactively predict and communicate as new assignments are needed; partner with Producer to continuously update statuses
- Attend reviews and communicate specific action items to departments, artists, etc.
- Create and update databases as required with notes, statuses, other information
- Create and update production management tools and schedules
- Supervise and mentor cross-site (Los Angeles/Madrid) Production Coordinators and Production Assistants
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Previous experience Supervising on animated feature production(s)
- Strong managerial experience, leading a team within a professional, fast-paced environment
- Previous experience using Shotgrid or comparable tracking software
- Overseas vendor production experience, a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suites
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining proactive communication with team
- Ability to maintain positive attitude while anticipating issues and proactively identifying to solve and address
- Residency in Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey