Interactive One: As an Art Director, you are responsible for leading a team of designers and determining which artistic elements to use.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 01, 2023
**SALARY RANGE: $80,750.00 to $90,000.00
As an Art Director, you are responsible for leading a team of designers and determining which artistic elements to use; articulating the vision to their team; reviewing and approving copy, designs, or photography; developing budgets and timelines; and determining how to best represent the creative director’s concept. You will work closely with the project manager and creative director to meet clients' needs and objectives.
The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
- Generate clear ideas and concepts
- Produce sketches; storyboards mock to visualize ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients, team, and creative director
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Proven working experience as Art Director
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection, and package design
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in advertising, fine art, design, or a relevant field