TelevisaUnivision Los Angeles is seeking an APC Operator with skills in broadcast/media management and technical operations.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 26, 2022
This position will require the employee to be part or join the NABET bargaining unit.
- Direct all elements of on-air elements, audio, and video of a station television program or segment
- Blocking, coding of rundown and production execution of a newscast, pre-recorded show, live cut-ins, pre-recorded cut-ins and station ID’s
- Coding and technical execution of local news and programming utilizing Ross Overdrive
- Studio Control Operation - Knowledge of Vizrt Graphics Operation Software
- Technical Direct Live Show - Knowledge of Ross switcher, Ross Overdrive and Avid ecosystem.
- Provide direction to talent and other production crew members.
- Knowledge of control room production within a 24-hour news cycle including Robo-Cam Operation and Lighting Operation. Knowledge of Inbound feed management, prep/processing, and routing (Microwave & Satellite) - Avid Capture Recording Equipment.
- Communication with all departments at station, master control operations hub and sat ops centers
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Process & detail oriented
- Must be willing to work from office in Los Angeles, CA
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. Technical school acceptable
- Must have minimum of three years of Industry experience and understanding of Television Production.
- Required to have the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment and demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure and think critically.
- Applicant must be able to work with newsroom computers systems and applications used for producing segments, Non-linear Editing - Knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Media Central editing software and basic programs: Inews, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Numbers and Keynote.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with Colleagues, Producers, Talent and Managers.
- Exceptional Team player who displays a positive and proactive work ethic and can work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Technical aptitude and always willing to learn, adaptable to change in technology and environment
- Self-starter that can operate under minimal supervision
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States